Questions you should ask Before Hiring a Riverside Property Management Company
Looking to hire a property manager for your rental property in Riverside? Here are the questions you should ask a property manager to determine their credentials and whether they’re the right fit for you.
When interviewing a property manager for your Riverside rental property narrow your focus to four main areas namely, experience, educational background, knowledge on legal matters, and the property manager’s results portfolio. Below are some questions (just a few) that you need to ask before hiring a Riverside Property Management Company.
Concerning the manager’s experience ask the following questions
- How long have you been a property manager or a Riverside Property Management Company?
- What types of properties have you managed?
- Have you had experience dealing with this type of property?
- How many properties are you managing currently?
- Do you have time and resources to successfully add my property to your workload?
- In terms of education, ask the following questions
- Do you have a real estate broker’s or property management license?
- Do you have any other type of certification?
About knowledge of land-lord tenant laws ask the following questions
- Do you have knowledge of the federal fair housing laws?
- Do you know the area of Riverside and their federal laws for property management and dealing with tenants?
- Do you know steps to properly evict a tenant?
- What are the safety codes for my type of property?
- Do you know the rules of collecting and strong security deposits?
- What do I include in a pet policy and the list of dangerous dogs?
- Do you know how to terminate a lease?
Ask the property manager the following questions about filling vacancies and retaining tenants
- How long does it take you to fill a vacancy?
- What is the average length of tenancy? Do tenants sign long leases or stay for short duration?
- How many tenants have you evicted over the past year?
- How do you set the right rent for property?
- How do you collect rent each month?