Christmas Decorating Tips: How to Decorate Your Home for Christmas
Get ready for a thrilling festive season with these joyful Christmas decorating ideas. Give your home a cozy and glittering look this holiday using easy Christmas recycling cards and tree-trimming tips. Below we have a few Christmas Decorating Tips to make your holidays easier and stress free.
Tree-Trimming for Christmas
- When decorating the Christmas tree, start by adding lights. Run a brown or green extension cord up the middle of the tree along the trunk and wrap the lights around the branches to spread the lights around the tree.
- You’ll need a string of around 100 lights for every vertical foot of a tree. Go even further to give the tree an additional interest and texture by mixing or tucking a variety of berry branches, faux holy stems, and snow-covered pine branches.
- Next, add garland to create a soft and flowing progression through the tree. Garland can be anything like beads, cranberries, gold ribbons, silver ribbons, sparkly stars, cranberries or popcorn.
- Add ornaments beginning with the largest and ending with the smallest. Larger ornaments act as focal point turning the Christmas tree into a dazzling display. Remember to balance color, size, and texture for a more inviting appeal.
- The last step involves is to add a topper that matches you’re the theme of your Christmas tree. Do not forget to water your tree on a regular basis.
Recycling Holiday Cards
- Start crafting Christmas cards to add colorful charm to your Christmas décor. Just punch a small hole in the card and attach it to the gift card with a ribbon. Trace the card design onto a magnet sheet and then cut it out nicely. Glue the card to the magnet or have your kids glue portions of different cards to the sides of wooden blocks for separate puzzles.
You CAN Re-gift
- Aunt Helen gave you that vase that goes with nothing! It’s OK to re-gift those items providing you remember who gave it to you and you don’t re-gift back to the gift-giver!!
Christmastime is a time to enjoy family and friends and making your time stress free. There are many Christmas Card Recycling Ideas on Pinterest and all around the internet. Go for it and see how it can make the holidays a little more fun for you and the family!